Personal Information means any information concerning a living individual which contains the name, date of birth, telephone number, address, e-mail address, organization name, location, social network service account or any other information that may identify a specific individual (including information that may not identify a specific individual by itself, but may be easily collated with other information and will thereby enable identification of a specific individual) or any information containing an individual identification code as specified in Article 2, paragraph 2 of the Personal Information Protection Act.
The Company may collect Personal Information to the extent necessary for the Company to provide Services by requesting provision of information from users, by receiving it from another service with which users permit association in using Services, or by collecting it by ourselves as users make use of the Services. The Company will legitimately collect Personal Information, and will never collect it by fraudulent or otherwise illegal means. A user must not provide the Company with Personal Information of a third party that the user has obtained by fraudulent or otherwise illegal means.
1. The Company will use collected Personal Information for the following purposes of utilization or to the extent necessary for the achievement of the purposes of utilization. Should it need to change a purpose of utilization, the Company will notify users or announce it.
(1) To process registration for Services, verify identity, and provide, maintain, protect and improve Services
(2) To check the conditions of use of Services (including cases of using services provided by any other business than the Company through Services)
(3) To provide information about contents of Services, updates, events/campaigns, changes to terms, etc.
(4) To provide information about a Service and respond to inquiries about it
(5) To deal with any violation of the terms of Services and every kind of regulation of the Company
(6) To create statistical data about the use of Services
(7) To plan and draw up plans for future Services and implement them
(8) To distribute or display advertising of the Company or a third party
(9) To send prizes and other goods to users who win them in a campaign, etc.
(10) To be used for marketing
2. In addition to the purposes of utilization set forth in the preceding paragraph, the Company may set out a purpose of utilization peculiar to an individual Service. The Company will identify such purposes of utilization of an individual Service as much as possible, and will announce them in advance on the website or a service screen for the individual Service.
1. Unless it is permitted under the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and regulations, the Company will not provide any third party with any Personal Information collected from a user without the consent of that user.
2. To the extent necessary for the achievement of the purposes of utilization, the Company may entrust all or part of the handling of Personal Information to an outsourcee. In this case, the Company will sufficiently examine the competence of the outsourcee as an operator of the outsourced business, and will, in making a contract, check relevant matters, including concerning confidentiality obligations, and will develop a system for adequate management of the information.
3. If in providing Services to users in the future, the Company requires another company to conduct operations (hereinafter the “Cooperating Company”), the Company may use Personal Information jointly with the Cooperating Company. In this case, prior to joint use, the Company will provide users with an announcement about the purpose of utilization, name of the Cooperating Company, types of the information, and name of the administrator.
1. If disclosure of Personal Information is requested by the user concerned under the Personal Information Protection Act, the Company will, to the extent that the Company is obliged to disclose it under the same Act, disclose the information without delay after having confirmed that it is a request made by the user concerned. When disclosing Personal Information, the Company may charge a disclosure fee in accordance with a procedure separately provided for by the Company.
2. When a user requests under the Personal Information Protection Act, (1) correction of the content of his/her Personal Information as the Personal Information is not accurate or (2) discontinuation of use of his/her Personal Information as it is used beyond the purposes of utilization announced in advance, or it is collected by any fraudulent or otherwise illegal means, the Company will make necessary examination without delay after having confirmed that it is a request made by the user concerned, and will, based on the results of the examination, correct the content of the Personal Information or discontinue using it and will give the user notice to such effect.
3. When a user requests deletion of his/her Personal Information, the Company will, only if the Company finds that it needs to accept the request, delete the Personal Information without delay after having confirmed that it is a request made by the user concerned and will give the user notice to such effect.
4. A user who makes a request under the preceding paragraphs needs to send the following information, and other information and materials designated by the Company:
(1) Name, address, telephone number and e-mail address;
(2) Contents of the request, circumstances, and supporting materials; and
(3) Materials for identity verification.
5. A request under paragraphs 1 and 2 may be unable to be accepted, in any of the following cases. In this case, the Company will give the user notice to such effect and explain the reason.
(1) If it is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the user or a third party
(2) If it is likely to significantly impede adequate implementation of the business of the Company
(3) If it violates laws and regulations
(4) If the Company cannot confirm that it is a request made by the user concerned
The Company may collect, by using cookies, attribute information, terminal information, and history of a user’s actions in Services (accessed URL, content, access sequence, period of stay, etc.) that may not identify a specific individual, to improve or expand Services; to create statistical data about the use of Services; to plan or draw up a plan for a new Service or implement it; to distribute or display advertising of the Company or a third party; or to be used for marketing. Services hereunder use a service for behavioral targeting advertising to distribute appropriate advertising of the Company or a third party. Any user who does not wish display of behavioral targeting advertising will access the opt-out page below and follow the procedure:
Established on August 28, 2018